Saturday, December 7, 2013

final thoughts.



As I reflect on the incredible experiences I have had the past three months I have recognized the overwhelming amount of artistic knowledge that I have accumulated. I have studied in the heart of Florence, one of the most important historic centers to the art community. I have witnessed the beautiful cities of Sienna, San Gimignano, Pisa and Lucca, visited the endless vault of historic beauty in Rome, experienced the modern art of Venice, and explored countless Florentine museums and artistic monuments all in three months time. Being an aspiring artist, this trip significantly increased not only my appreciation for art, but my interest in pursuing new aspects of it. In class we have discussed art in several new perspectives that have triggered my interest in discovering what aspects I am truly passionate about. Art isn't simply in painting, drawing, sculpture, or music, art is now an ever present part of our everyday lives. I cannot wait to explore these new options and I look forward to my future as a more cultured, artistic, and spirited individual thanks to this Italian excursion and everyone involved in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment